Our growing company is seeking a Shipping Clerk/Assembler to join our team. Our breast pump assembling company is located in Burbank, CA and we are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team. Successful candidates will have some prior experience in shipping and assembling. This is a full-time shipping position but will be assisting our production department when needed. This position is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. May be required to work longer hours if needed and some weekends
Shipping Clerk Summary/Objective
- Receive and process material orders on a daily basis, including accepting deliveries, labeling them and distributing packages internally.
- Coordinate deliveries to customers and clients on a daily basis, including boxing goods, addressing packages, and staying in contact with shipping companies.
- Maintain the company stockroom by cleaning, organizing, and labeling items in storage on a regular basis.
- Keep records of goods that have been shipped and received, preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for supervisors.
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by boxing and lifting items as necessary and operating lifts and pallet jacks for large items.
- Schedule large shipments and coordinate logistics to ensure that there is enough storage space for incoming items and personnel on hand to manage incoming shipments.
- Perform customer service duties as necessary, maintaining good relationships with shipping companies and clients who are receiving goods.
Employee will assemble and test product until they are completed to acceptance test procedures and routing operations by performing the following duties.
- Performing repetitive bench-type processes to complete sub-assemblies including mechanical and electrical assemblies and function testing using hand tools and electronic tooling.
- Reports defective materials or non conforming product to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs prescribed preventive maintenance on machines as required per P.M. charts.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Perform General housekeeping duties of work area as required
- Technical Capacity, Manual Dexterity and Mechanical aptitude
- Time Management.
- Understand the importance of QA in FDA regulated environment
- Cycle counts and material control of inventory
- Has the ability to recognize problems with product and adapt to changes of workflow
The employee is regularly exposed to mild noise and vibration. The employee occasionally works near small mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds, while frequently lifting and moving up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Two years of related experience in manufacturing environment desired
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.